Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lots of frustrations but also lots of updates

Since the last post, much has been completed.  The bank loan was approved but due to a new witnessing rule I had to re-sign my mortgage document which I was able to get it done in Melbourne when I was there for a short break end of last month.

However the frustration part was with my settlement agent, they are so incompetent and unknowledgeable and kept giving me wrong information.  I had to re-do my land transfer documents 4 times..YES 4 times.  It drove me nuts and I ended up scolding them and all they said were "We were merely passing the message".  But the one doing the running about and spending money redoing the documents is ME!!  I even complained to my bank and to my builder, it was all so head wrecking, stressful and a few times I feel like walking out from this deal.  All these stress doesn't help my thyroid situation *arrghh*

Anyway my land transfer document is finally approved and I have a final settlement date which is 30th Sept but I still have to run to the bank to make sure the remaining settlement fee is transfer to the settlement agent to sort it out with the developer.  Honestly I don't feel the settlement agent deserves the fee that I need to pay them but don't think there is anyway of running away from that.

I hope my next update will definitely be on the build process. It has been a long and tedious process in putting down the deposit for the land to finally settling it, the whole process had taken a long 11 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment