Thursday, October 21, 2010

How I Ended Up With Heart?

So, I have been contemplating buying a plot of land to build a house in Perth since I returned from a trip to Perth in September 2009.

Went to some Perth builder's office locally and they were then selling some house and land packages in Breeliar, Meve Estate.  The location was however not that attractive to me and despite them spending alot of time trying to persuade me the area is nice, I just wasn't that convinced.  That was December 2009 then.

Fast forward to September 2010, the same builder whose office I visited in 2009, came here to see some customers and I took the chance to meeet up with him again.  Apparently he has my past visit on record, eerie but can't fault him for good record taking.  This time he is promoting an estate in Thornlie.  Again not my ideal location but the visit really revived my interest to build a house in Perth. 

Thus, from mid September to early October, I was visiting property websites everyday to see if new land is release.  My ideal location is Canning Vale where I am most familiar with. But land there is expensive, way out of my budget but I refused to give up.

In late September, I chanced upon an advertisement by another builder from Perth which has set up a local branch here.  I make an appointment to meet up with the agent to discuss about my options but it is clear the agent is not quite certain and serious about my interest but we remained in close contact with one another.

Then came October, I started to consider other locations around Canning Vale.  It so happened that there is this humongous piece of land just 5 mins drive away from Canning Vale that was being developed and market.  This estate is call New Haven in Piarra Waters. Sounds heavenly already.

On 14th October, the land developer released a new plot of land in the New Haven estate, called the Heart stage. Immediately my agent started to perk up and asked if I am interested as usually by the time they found out about new releases, most would have been sold out by then. 

So I took a look at some of the plots in this new estate, maybe I am fussy but in my heart, I still don't really fancy the location but I kept telling myself if I don't grab this opportunity, I may have to wait for many more months before new estates are released elsewhere.  So after much consideration, I asked my agent to put in my interest on a particular plot of land and that was 15th October.  On 16th October, I went to the local office and paid my deposit to secure the land. 

On 18th October, I was notified that the plot of land that I wanted had been reserved in my name.  Wonderful! 

There are more paperwork to be completed before I can finally say I own this land and start the building process.  I signed the document for FIBR yesterday, dated 20th October 2010 (i.e. 20102010) and I see this as a very positive sign of good things to come.

I hope to continue with this blog until the end of the build.  So keep watching this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment